Monday 8 May 2023

Stat Attack

Typical Bank Holiday Monday weather scuppered my plan to attack the mini-jungle that passes for our back garden so I spent my morning sorting out my photo logs and spreadsheets. (That's right - photo logs and spreadsheets. Sad really innit?!)

Anyway, I can confirm that during the 2022/23 season, including pre-season friendlies, the Duchess and I have seen 48 games involving Handsworth FC sides, including 1st team, Reserves, Under-21 and Under 15.

Photo albums from all but the Under-15 game have been posted to my Flicker pages along with other Handsworth-related albums such as mascots, presentations etc. 

The 22/23 season efforts brings the total number of "Ambers albums" on my Flickr page to 330 since my first posting on January 6th 2015 when Handsworth lost 0-3 at home to Cleethorpes Town in a NCEL Premier Division game.

(The Ambers gained sweet revenge 4 months later when they beat Cleethorpes 4-3 in the League Cup Final).

Those 330 individual albums are made up of a total of 47,759 photographs.

The first photo I posted - on Jan 6th 2015 v Cleethorpes:


And the last of this season's images - from the Reserve side 0-1 defeat to Penistone Reserves in the Cup semi final on May 3rd.



Without blowing my own trumpet too much, my football photography has generally improved since my early efforts at Belper Town but I guess that's to be expected. If you learn from your mistakes then I'm getting a fabulous education!!

Looking forward to next season when I hope to get to some of the Under-18 and the Ladies teams games.

When does pre-season start please?! 😉


No comments: