Wednesday 8 April 2009

Belper Win Again!!!!

Couldn't make it to Willenhall last night but was delighted to hear Belper came away with a 3 - 1 win.Rushy scores the third goal (courtesy of Tim Harrison Photography) - the rest of Tim's pictures are here:
http://www.timharrisonphotography.com/NailersAction/WllnhllA0809/album1.html


Important win this - Belper used up one of the two games in hand on the leaders and the top of the table now shows Retford on 72 points from 34 games, Belper on 71 points from 33 games and Stocksbridge on 65 points from 33 games. Glapwell are fourth on 65 points from 34 games.

Belper play Glapwell on Friday (and we owe them one after they stuffed us 4 -0 at their place in December) and Stocksbridge a week Saturday, both at home and both vital games! Between these is an away game at Carlton who are also pushing for a play off place so it's all very exciting!


As I said, I couldn't make it last night so I was relying on updates on the Belper forum, until half-time when the "updater" went to the pub! The score was 1-1 at that point and I was desperately trying to find out what was happening second half with no joy whatsoever

Then - about 9:45 pm, my "mate?!" Joey called me to ask if I'd heard the news. With a note of doom and gloom in his voice and a deep sigh, he said "There's been two late goals at Willenhall." I was about to curse when he told me Stevo and Rushy had made it 3 - 1 to Belper! I'm giving Joey a lift to the game on Friday so he'll pay for winding me up then! Might make him ride in the boot or run behind the car!


Keep it going boys - it's in our own hands now!!

No comments: