Sunday 8 March 2009

Watched the Reserves again yesterday


The first team didn't have a game so we went down to watch Belper Reserves beat Graham Street Prims 3 - 1. (Odd name for a football team but this apparently comes from "Graham Street Primitive Methodist Church" which is where the club was originally founded.)

Not an easy win for Belper by any means against a team who are third from bottom of the league. In fact, Belper went behind but equalised before half time and then went on to make pressure tell in the second half.

The good things to come from this game for me included the performance of the Belper No 6 - a young guy called Ant Simpson who ran the centre midfield, particularly in the 2nd half. He looks a good prospect.

And (yes I really mean this) the referee was excellent! No fuss or bother or the "look at me I'm in charge" type performance seen from some refs this season.

A couple of pics above and as soon as I've managed to put a Photobucket album together, I'll post a link.

No comments: