Sunday 21 August 2011

A Week of Two Halves...

Tuesday - saw Belper Town throw away a 2-0 lead to draw 2-2 with Brigg Town. It wasn't a defeat but it felt like one.

Saturday - saw Belper beat the league leaders, Rainworth 1-0. Rainworth had the only 100% record in the division.  (OK - it was 2 wins from 2 games but it was still the only 100% record!)

Tim Harrisons pics from the Brigg game are here:


and mine...


Tims pictures from yesterdays game are here....


I haven't got around to editing mine from yesterday yet but they can't match Tim's brilliant effort so I might not bother anyway!

My other photographic effort revolved around birds in the back garden (again - yes I know - yet more flippin' birds - but I find them a fasciniating subject!)

Got a nice shot of a Dunnock on a feeder. Unusual this - they generally spend their time scurrying around on the ground - in and out of the hedge bottoms - so to see one in a feeder is different.

And a young Greenfinch (or could be a female - I'm not that good at i.d.!)

Mind you - this fella sat there stuffing his/her face and let me get within about 10 feet of him/her before he/she left his/her perch so if I didn't get a decent snap it'd be time to sell the gear!

And on the way back from Belper yesterday, we stopped off in Bakewell for a bag of chips. The Goosanders are still on the river - looks like they've taken up permanent residence!


Think this fella's washing his hair!

Not a lot else to report this week. The hedges didn't get cut last Sunday so that is today's task. Must get stuck into them. They look a real mess.

Archers Omnibus first, then lunch and unless I can find a half decent excuse its gardening this afternoon. Still - I can listen to the Test Match on the portable radio while I'm doing it but it would have been nice to have a little run out into Derbyshire while the weather's fine.

Still I've booked Monday 29th August off (it's a Bank Holiday but we don't take it at work) and I've also booked Tuesday 30th too so a very long weekend will be nice! On the Monday, Belper are at home to Ilkeston - local derby so we can't miss that -  and on the Tuesday, we're hoping to spend the day at the RSPB reserve at Wath-on-Dearne - Old Moor, it's called. Hope the weather holds.

Next week - Belper are away at Lincoln on Tuesday and away at Romulus on Saturday so the Bank Holiday Monday game is probably the next football we'll see. Nothing else planned so we'll have to see what happens.

For now - that's that - See Yer!

 

No comments: