Wednesday 4 February 2009

We 'ad a bit o' snow Monday night....

Well, actually, we had a LOT of snow Monday night!!
My back garden at 8 a.m.;


(I hate the snow but have to accept that when it's covered like this - it's the only time my garden looks as good as next door's!)

The bins by our kitchen window - again at 8:00 a.m.


The street where I live - mid-morning,


My car stayed where it was onTuesday! Neighbours on either side damaged their cars trying to get them up the small slope onto their respective drives. I did some paperwork from home after calling work and finding only a couple of people had made it into the office.

Puts it into perspective though when I tell you I talked to a customer in Sudbury Ontario this afternoon (Wednesday) and he laughed when I told him we'd had around 6 inches of snow. They can get as much as 3 to 5 inches per day at this time of year and at Christmas he had about 2.1/2 to 3 feet of the stuff on his front garden. Oh - and the temperatures been well below minus 20 C (daytime!!)
for the last week or two!

2 comments:

Snappers Sideways View said...

Looks like you are in need of Darloss and his snow shovelling fairies Kenneth ;)

Nortoner said...

Only just picked up this comment Tim....

Please don't threaten to send Darlo round.....

I might have to knee you in your wide-angle! ;-)