Sunday 26 July 2009

Belper Town 2 - 1 Ossett Albion

Saturday - After a morning spent mowing the back lawn (or rather the clover and daises on our back garden) we sauntered down to watch Belper play Ossett Albion, a team from the Northern section of our league.

Belper won 2 - 1 with a last minute penalty - here's the ball hitting the net, courtesy as ever, of Tim Harrison

The rest of Snapper's pics from this game are here - excellent job once again.

http://www.timharrisonphotography.com/NailersAction/OssttlbnH0910/album1.html

(I've stopped taking my camera to games because I just can't compete with the "Master"!)

Anyway - on a very warm afternoon this was a closely fought contest - as the scoreline suggests. I guess, bias aside, Belper probably just about deserved it although both sides could and should have had more goals.

"Stand out" performances for me came from Asa Ingall - basically playing the midfield holding role which Kris Kotylo fulfills so well and Richard Haigh - solid as ever in the centre of defence.

Great strike from Adam Burley to open the scoring - matching Aaron Pride's effort on Monday night v Derby but second half, we gave them an equaliser through a mis-placed back pass. The last minute penalty, given when Ant Wilson was brought down just inside the box sealed the game although I have to say that opinions among the spectators differed as to whether it was a genuine penalty or not. I suppose it doesn't really matter that much - it would be different of course if it had been a league game!!

Another good work out and the team played some excellent football in parts. A couple of the "new faces" look like they could turn out to be very good signings and it was good to see young Aaron get a part of the game again - he looks very confident in all he does. A real prospect.

Next game is on Tuesday - away at Staveley - which is fine for the Duchess and me - it's about 20 minutes to Staveley from here rather than the hour journey to watch Belper at home!

More follows after the game of course - right now I gotta go into town to collect a copy of "Norton 360" (Internet Security software) I ordered from one of the stores. (I can actually buy the product cheaper from John Lewis in town than I can download it from the Symantec website.... crackers innit?)

Anyway.....

No comments: