Monday 2 August 2010

Saturday football at The Meadow! It's been a while!

Last Saturday, Belper Town FC took on Boston United, from 2 leagues above us, in a pre-season friendly game

Result was a 3-1 win to Boston but that was maybe to be expected. However, the Belper side put on a very good show and the signs for the new season are a lot more encouraging.

My picture album is here - if you want a look -


Next test is on Tuesday when a Derby County XI visit the Meadow. Should be a good crowd and a welcome few bob in gate money for the Club!

Not sure if I'm taking the camera - we'll see. Whether I do take it or not, I'll let you know how we fared  and give a link to the official club photographer's pics. (I'm sure he'll be there!)

(Oh - and to complete the weekend, I spent nigh on 6 hours cutting hedges and grass yesterday and am now officially knackered!)

Laters - as they say!

No comments: