Saturday 14 January 2012

Among My Souvenirs

Looking through some old photos I inherited from my mum, I came across these pictures of my respective grandfathers.

This is my Grandad Joe Powell. (My mum's dad.) Not sure what the uniform is but I don't think it's military or there would probably have been a cap or some sort of badges on his jacket. Maybe a doorman or porter at a hotel or something?

And this is my dad's father Harold (2nd from right.) A very old picture showing the process of melting and pouring steel into small ingots. I don't know where it was taken but it's a little piece of history!

So - some investigation is needed, as well as restoration of the images - although that might be a job for somone more skilled than me in the dark arts of Photoshop! Hmmm. Wonder if my son is reading this?

Not a lot else to say about my week. It's been one of those "sleep, work, eat, sleep" weeks generally.

Football today and we're at home to Kidsgrove. They have a similar record to Belper Town so far this season - both teams on the same number of points but their far superior goal difference puts them two places ahead of us in the table. It'll be a tough one. Kidsgrove hammered Brigg Town 4-0 on Tuesday this week so their confidence will be sky high. That, unfortunately, is not true of the Belper team who seem to have lost almost all of their confidence, especially at home. Anxiety among the fans seems to lead to anxiety on the pitch and it seems it's a bit of a vicious circle.

Anyway - we'll see what happens. Right now, it's a beautiful morning and the garden is full of birds so I'm going to see if I can get some halfway decent shots of them.

Laters!

No comments: