Tuesday 27 October 2009

I've been scanned!

Well, I went for the Ultrasound scan yesterday and as ever - was told precisely nothing other than the results will be sent to my GP and I am to make an appointment to see her "in about a week" to discuss the findings. I was concerned but then the Duchess said - "If they had seen anything serious, I think you would still have been in there." So that calmed me down a bit.

To be honest, I haven't had the "kidney stone pain" for several days but I admit I'm a bit bothered by the "night pees."

Anyway - a lighter note.... Since the scan was at 4:45 pm and there is absolutely nowhere to park around the Hallamshire Hospital (it's usually choc-a-bloc with poor, unfunded students cars) the Duchess dropped me off, parked a little way away and waited for my call.

Of course, that meant it was not possible for her to cook my evening meal (or tea if you're from round here!) so that was all the excuse we needed to go to the Bowshaw Inn and indulge in the wonderful Carvery Dinners they do. Get there before 7 pm and it's a fiver - for choice of Roast Gammon, Roast Turkey or Roast Beef (or a bit of all 3 if you like) and all the veggies and as many Yorkshire puddings as you can pile on your plate. Bargain!! We had a drink a meal and dessert (OK, it was only ice cream) and the bill, including a tip, was £17!! Can't go wrong!

Naturally, the place is generally packed before 7 pm but we only had to wait 10 minutes for a table. What annoys me about the place though (there HAD to be something didn't there?) is the greedy slobs who pile the plate high with veggies and then leave almost a full plate when they're done eating. Senseless waste isn't it?

After 7 pm - the deal is £7.50 and there is a slightly wider choice of dishes, usually themed - for instance, Wednesday evening, after 7 is "Curry Evening". You still get the option of the 3 roasts but the extra choices are curries.

We go about once per month or so and really enjoy it.

What else is happening? Not a lot really so I'll let you get on with whatever and I'll let you know more when I know more.....

No comments: