Friday 9 April 2010

There's an election on...

.....and I've just heard the lunchtime news as I ate my sandwich.

Is anyone as depressed as I am at the "Presidential" choices we find ourselves faced with?

Gordon (Vote for me or I'll spit the dummy so fkn far you'll NEVER find it.) Brown
Even if he does get voted back in you just know he'll make our lives hell for having the nerve to require an election in the first place. You know he'll just do WTF he likes and claim a public mandate.

David (I'm down with the kids - provided they aren't those council estate type oiks) Cameron.
Our nation being represented at stuff like the G8 summit talks really would be like sending one of the Famous Five to negotiate our best deal - only happens after pop and crisps have been consumed and we've given that bully Brown a damn good thrashing.

Nick (No! Really! I'm not kidding! It's true - I AM the Lib Dems leader!) Clegg.
Nonentity describes him perfectly. If it wasn't for the fact he has a strong backer in Vince Cable, he would simply evaporate into the ether.

BNP, UKIP, Greens, blah blah...

It's frightening that I find myself agreeing with a lady interviewed on the street today  - "What's the point - they're all in it for the money and the power. Why bother voting at all because whatever the general public declares it wants, the government will do as it likes anyway."

A scary point but an almost credible one and now I am REALLY pissed off! Thank God the weekend starts here.

No comments: