Friday 14 May 2010

Glad That's Over!

Just about getting over my operation yesterday. Got to the hospital at 7 a.m. and the Duchess picked me up at 7:30 p.m. so it was a long day!

It seemed to go well although a general anaesthetic meant I was asleep for a good chunk of the day. Last night, I woke around every half hour or so to take a pee and consequently, I'm tired today - had a nap this afternoon tho and feel better for it.

I'm not allowed to drive for 24 to 48 hours and although the op didn't involve any stitches, I have to take it a bit easy for 3 to 4 days when bending or stretching. Lifting anything heavier than a cuppa is also not recommended!

It's a busy weekend - my son and daughter-in-law are here until Tuesday morning. The Duchess has to attend the Sheffield & Hallamshire Junior Sunday League Cup Finals on Sunday morning and on Monday - I am determined to got to the funeral of my old friend Jack Hobson. The cause of his death was established as a massive heart attack and he was 93 years old not 92 as I reported earlier.

Anyway - I now have to continue my programme of rest and relaxation so I'll get back to yez all! Laters! 

1 comment:

Mike Smith said...

Every pee gets rid of a few more kidney stone crumbs - so I'm told :-)

Glad it all went well - you can relax now until pre-season (although - are there any Owls in any of the World Cup squads ??)