Tuesday 18 May 2010

Just a Quick Note....

....to let you know (if you're interested) that my recovery is coming along slowly. Still tired after almost a full shift in the office but I was warned to expect that.

Since Friday - spent a weekend doing very little and on Monday went to Jack Hobson's funeral. A very well-attended affair with a pint and a sandwich in the Earl Marshall pub afterwards.

It's the first time I've met Jack's daughter Janet but she is a lovely lady who seemed to be coping with the trauma of her dad's sudden death. The thing I find hard to shift from my mind is the news that Jack had been dead for at least 2 weeks when his body was found. The massive heart attack would have apparently killed him almost instantly but that is little consolation.

Anyway - nothing we can do about it now except remember that a good friend and real gentleman touched our lives.

My son and daughter in law set off back to Holland this morning so that's a bit of a downer but it was really good to see them and if I can get the Duchess to join me on the cross channel ferry (there is absolutely zero chance of her going through the tunnel!), it might be our turn to go see them next.

We need to see when she will have her replacement hip operation of course but I doubt that will be in the near future. She has an appointment at the hospital for "assessment" on 7th June so nothing can happen before then.

Right now - cuppa time and since the Duchess is out at a Junior League Presentation Evening, I guess I'll have to go make it myself - *sigh*-
  ;-)

No comments: